We're in the people business and we want to help the people in our community.
We believe it's the relationship that heals. Because of this guiding principle, we make it our priority to focus on a meaningful, personal relationship. Here's a little bit more about us!
Dr. Jon Thompson
I've worked in the mental health field for 18 years. For 3 years I worked in a psychiatric hospital. I spent 8 years as a school counselor, and I've been the director of PP since 2013. I'm an LPC in MO, a licensed K-12 Professional School Counselor in MO, and a Nationally Certified Counselor. I have a Bachelors in Biblical Counseling, a Masters in Educational Psychology, and a Doctorate in Counseling with a specialization in grief and trauma. I've been in school most of my life and I want to share with you what I've learned.
That's my professional experience and education. Here's the important stuff:
- I'm a huge foodie and I love eating out with friends!
- I'm a competitive long-range precision shooter.
- I love watching soccer (especially FC Barcelona).
- I've traveled all over the world: Netherlands, Spain, England, France, Ecuador and Venezuela.
- I'm terrified of sharks.
My name is Rebecca, but I go by Becca unless I am in trouble. I am an LPC and hold a Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy with an emphasis in Community Counseling from John Brown University. I have worked in a variety of clinical settings including both inpatient and outpatient treatment facilities. I have experience working with adolescents and adults with a variety of presenting concerns. I truly believe in the power of hope. I have specialized training in DBT as well as EFT and will tailor a multidisciplinary approach to each client based on their needs. In addition to working individually with adolescents and adults, I am passionate about helping new mothers, families, parents, and couples as well. I am also active in my church and see mentoring and hospitality as important aspects of my ministry.
A bit about the more "fun stuff"
- I love spending time with my family (I have an amazing husband and two kiddos with one on the way).
- I love being outdoors- except when it's super hot and humid (I hate sweating!).
- I love to travel and have bucket list items to visit every continent (only missing Antarctica) and to visit as many counstries as I am old (which, coincidentally, gets harder the older I get).
- I was born and raised in Colorado, so I would much rather run with bears than swim with sharks.
I joined the PP team in 2021. I have a total of 5 years counseling experience in the school setting. Prior to that I spent 11 years as a classroom teacher. I love working with kids ages 1-99! I have a Masters Degree in Counseling from the University of Central Missouri. My undergraduate is in Elementary Education. My passion for counseling comes from my love for people and helping them believe in their potential. I am a mom of 3 beautiful girls that are my entire world. I cannot wait to meet you!
- Any chance I get, I love to be outside!
- I love my Oklahoma State Cowboys! Go Pokes!
- I’m a distance runner.
- Ice cream should be a food group.
- I lived in Costa Rica.
- Lifelong dream: Swim with Sharks.
I first joined Peace Partnership for the entirety of 2022 as I completed my counseling Internship. Once completing my M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Liberty University I was given the great opportunity to join their amazing team. Prior to finding my calling of becoming a professional counselor I attended the University of Kansas where I achieved a B.A. in Political Science and Government. I am home grown in the Kansas City area where I met, and have been happily married to, my wonderful wife of 4 years.
Fun things about me:
- Yearly attendant of the Renaissance Faire and Comicon
- Half of my family is from Argentina
- I hate anything raspberry flavored
- Weekly donor to chipotle
- My wife's biggest fear is sharks
I initially joined the Peace Partnership team in 2020 during my counseling internship. After earning my Masters in Counseling in 2021, I officially became a part of the Peace Partnership team. Prior to that, I earned my Bachelors in Counseling and have had the opportunity to help people through a resource pregnancy center, college campus trauma recovery groups, and youth work in the United States and in Portugal. I have been married to a wonderful guy since 2016 and have two really amazing kids. I look forward to meeting you!
Fun facts about me:
- I love traveling and exploring new places.
- Naps are a hobby for me.
- I enjoy listening to audio books.
- I was born and raised in Portugal.
- I went scuba diving once, thought I saw a shark, jumped back in the boat and will never do it again.
Director of Development
Moving from Office Manager of 8 years to Director of Development was a big change in 2022. As the founder’s wife, I have been involved in Peace Partnership from the ground up, so when the position became available, it made so much sense. Having the opportunity to meet with our donors on a more personal level and get to know those who lock arms with us to move PP forward is a joy! I love getting to know our donors, volunteers, and event participants and look forward to seeing PP grow because of their generosity. Wanna hear more? Let’s meet soon for breakfast or lunch!
More fun facts:
- I can't live without music!
- I'm a big-time foodie and I love eating at new restaurants.
- I love baking and make a mean molten lava cake.
- I enjoy watching and playing volleyball.
- I love taking walks with Jon.
- I think sharks are pretty... in pictures.
I'm excited to join Peace Partnership's team! I'm here to take your calls, welcome you at the door, and help you with all of your scheduling needs. I love people and I'm passionate about creating a welcoming space to all who come into PP. I'm new to the KC area and excited to settle down and call it home. Looking forward to meeting you!
Facts about me:
- I love game nights with family or friends.
- When it’s nice out, you can find me outdoors enjoying the weather.
- I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes.
- I lived in Australia for a year.
- Sharks are fascinating… at a distance.
I have been a part of the Peace Partnership team since 2021. I am passionate about Peace Partnership's vision to help and serve others, and I enjoy providing behind-the-scenes support for counselors and clients. I have been married to my wonderful husband since Fall, 2021 and we have an energetic Beagle named Lulu.
More about me:
- Coffee and scones are my favorite.
- I love sunny Saturday mornings at the farmers market.
- I enjoy hiking, gardening, and being creative.
- I love spending time with my family, especially playing a card game or chatting around a fire.
- I'm indifferent to sharks.