We're in the people business and we want to help the people in our community.
We believe it's the relationship that heals. Because of this guiding principle, we make it our priority to focus on a meaningful, personal relationship. Here's a little bit more about us!
Dr. Jon Thompson
I've worked in the mental health field for 18 years. For 3 years I worked in a psychiatric hospital. I spent 8 years as a school counselor, and I've been the director of PP since 2013. I'm an LPC in MO, a licensed K-12 Professional School Counselor in MO, and a Nationally Certified Counselor. I have a Bachelors in Biblical Counseling, a Masters in Educational Psychology, and a Doctorate in Counseling with a specialization in grief and trauma. I've been in school most of my life and I want to share with you what I've learned.
That's my professional experience and education. Here's the important stuff:
- I'm a huge foodie and I love eating out with friends!
- I'm a competitive long-range precision shooter.
- I love watching soccer (especially FC Barcelona).
- I've traveled all over the world: Netherlands, Spain, England, France, Ecuador and Venezuela.
- I'm terrified of sharks.
Director of Development
My job is to keep PP running! I keep our current donors involved, recruit new donors, and love planning fundraising events.
I get it - I was once a single mom. I understand firsthand the financial struggles families face, that's why I'm passionate about working at PP. We provide quality solutions for families in need. I have 15 years of insurance sales and management experience.
My husband and I live on a 40-acre farm with our five kids. I enjoy the outdoors, family time and watching our kids compete in football, wrestling and marching band. We are also very involved in our church and community.
Here's some more about me:
- I love a relaxing evening with a sweatshirt, bonfire and music.
- I enjoy hunting and have bagged a great buck!
- I'm a U.S. History buff and I love to visit historical places.
- I enjoy holiday baking and family get-togethers.
- Sharks? Umm, no.
Counselor In Training
I joined the PP team in 2021. I have a total of 5 years counseling experience in the school setting. Prior to that I spent 11 years as a classroom teacher. I love working with kids ages 1-99! I have a Masters Degree in Counseling from the University of Central Missouri. My undergraduate is in Elementary Education. My passion for counseling comes from my love for people and helping them believe in their potential. I am a mom of 3 beautiful girls that are my entire world. I cannot wait to meet you!
- Any chance I get, I love to be outside!
- I love my Oklahoma State Cowboys! Go Pokes!
- I’m a distance runner.
- Ice cream should be a food group.
- I lived in Costa Rica.
- Lifelong dream: Swim with Sharks.
Dr. Lindsay Bonebrake
I've been a counselor for 7 years. I was a school counselor for 2 years and have worked at PP since 2016. I have a Bachelors in Politics, Philosophy, & Economics, a Masters in Christian Education, a Masters in Counseling, and a Doctorate in Counseling. I have an LCPC in KS and an LPC in MO. I'm also a Registered Play Therapist and a Nationally Certified Counselor. I've been married to a great guy since 2015 and we have a wonderful baby boy. I enjoy teaching, traveling, and finding new things to do in KC.
More interesting tidbits:
- I love chocolate chip cookies!
- My favorite President: Harry S. Truman.
- I enjoy movies and Sunday naps.
- I watch as many March Madness KU games as possible with my husband.
- I only like one shark, Clark the Shark.
Counselor In Training
I initially joined the Peace Partnership team in 2020 during my counseling internship. After earning my Masters in Counseling in 2021, I officially became a part of the Peace Partnership team. Prior to that, I earned my Bachelors in Counseling and have had the opportunity to help people through a resource pregnancy center, college campus trauma recovery groups, and youth work in the United States and in Portugal. I have been married to a wonderful guy since 2016 and have two really amazing kids. I look forward to meeting you!
Fun facts about me:
- I love traveling and exploring new places.
- Naps are a hobby for me.
- I enjoy listening to audio books.
- I was born and raised in Portugal.
- I went scuba diving once, thought I saw a shark, jumped back in the boat and will never do it again.
I'm here to answer your phone calls and take care of all of your scheduling needs! I love people and enjoy creating a welcoming environment where people feel comfortable. I am currently working on my bachelors in Intercultural Studies and Humanities at Spurgeon College, and desire to pursue a future in counseling. I am excited to meet you as you walk through the Peace Partnership doors!
More about me:
- Coffee and scones are my favorite.
- I love sunny Saturday mornings at the farmers market.
- I enjoy hiking, reading, and gardening.
- I love spending time with my family, especially playing a card game or chatting around a fire.
- I'm indifferent to sharks.
I've been working in front office positions for 19 years. I was an office manager for 11 years in the dental field and I've been the office manager at PP since 2014. I have a Bachelors in Psychology that helps me out a great deal as the business manager at a counseling center. I like making people feel welcome at PP! Jon and I are also very involved in our local church.
More fun facts:
- I can't live without music!
- I'm a big-time foodie and I love eating at new restaurants.
- I love baking and make a mean molten lava cake.
- I enjoy watching and playing volleyball.
- I love taking walks with Jon.
- I think sharks are pretty... in pictures.